Game Engine C++ Developer - Defold
- Functional Area:Software Engineering & Development
We are now looking for a C++ Game Engine Developer with a passion for games, development, quality and new technology to join our Defold team.
We are a team of 20 people consisting of a core engine team, tools team, and a support & services team. Our cross platform game engine team creates a range of new high quality functionality in a maintainable, high-performance fashion. Defold is used by teams within King as well as external game teams.
- Excellent and current programming skills in C++ and C
- Knowledgeable about programming and technology in general
- Worked on producing a game engine before, ideally cross platform
- Passionate about games
- Happy to work in an agile development environment
- Knows how to produce high quality, maintainable scalable code and systems
- Experience in working with memory / performance critical applications
- Works effectively in teams, both local and geographically distributed
- Able to work and contribute in a flexible and fluid environment where the job will evolve over time
- Software architecture design, test and review
- Excellent communicator in English
- Comfortable working closely with internal and external game teams
- Experience in working with content pipelines
- Experience of Android/iOS development
- Experience with scripting languages such as Lua or Python
- Experience with Linux
- Understanding of networks and networking protocols
- Good understanding of graphics system development
Who we are
We work in small collaborative teams where everyone are involved in coming up with great features, from design and analysis to implementation. We are problem solvers, constantly reviewing how and why we do things and learning from each other. We are experimental, trying out new tech and innovative ideas and willing to take risks to drive the entire industry forward. We are sociable and fun, and we like to hang out together. We are passionate, some might even say quirky. We love tech and games, and are obsessed with creating the best user experience.
About the Stockholm Studios
Our first studio has been making casual games since 2003. It is the home of Candy Crush Saga, one of the world’s most played game. Since 2015 we have two studios centrally located in one of the world’s most unique and beautiful capital cities, built over 14 islands. You’ll find plenty of urban delights and open spaces within walking, skating and swimming distance – dependent on the time of year, of course.
Want to join our Kingdom?
Want to join our Kingdom? Please send us your CV by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button. Applications must be in English.
The brilliant experience we give our players comes from the diversity and experience of our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. That’s why we hire all sorts of talent.