Frontend Developer - Game Engine
- Functional Area:Software Engineering & Development
Your role within our great Kingdom
You will be part of the Defold Game Engine team consisting of a core engine team, tools team, and a developer relations team. Our cross-platform game engine is used at King but also by external users, giving us a wide range of requirements for the web services.
As a Front End Developer you will be responsible for all development work on defold.com, as well as participate in development of web services for our users.
- Development of web applications
- Implement new functionality in close cooperation with stakeholders
- Build well designed, clean applications with solid technical foundations
- Participate in design and code reviews
We work in small, collaborative teams where everyone is involved in coming up with great features and ownership of the outcome is key. We are problem solvers, constantly reviewing how and why we do things and learning from each other. We are experimental, trying out new tech and ideas and willing to take risks to drive the entire industry forward.
- Focused on usability, maintainability and quality, building for the long term
- Structured and analytical
- A comfortable people person, able to make non-technical users feel at ease
- Able to see a user experience from the user's point of view
- Knowledgeable about web protocols, application servers and web servers
- A team player that likes to discuss solutions and ideas
- Experienced with integration of Google Analytics and working with A/B testing
- Fluent in English
Tasty bonus skills
- Familiar with Angular2 and Google Cloud Storage
- Have worked on a project for high scalability sites.
- Have worked with real time systems
- Familiar with Java
- Have played and enjoyed any of our games.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you’re from, it’s all about what we can achieve together when creating truly magical moments for all our players. That’s why we hire all sorts of talent – because a great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Want to join our Kingdom?
Please send us your CV by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button. Applications must be in English.
The brilliant experience we give our players comes from the diversity and experience of our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. That’s why we hire all sorts of talent.